Sunday, November 2, 2008

Products We Love And Hate: Beauty

I'm a bit fickle when it comes to makeup. I don't think it's really a matter of getting bored, I just always seem to have this urge to try something new. In fact, I just bought 3 new makeup cases last week to store my most recent supply. (Speaking of which, I included some info on when to throw stuff out in case you were wondering!) Anyway, I've included a couple of my fave products... some are newbies and the other standbys. Don't forget to leave a comment and let me know what you love. Afterall, I might have another urge to expand my collection.... :-)
1) Merle Norman "Luxiva" Ultra Powder Foundation - Though I'm a big fan of mineral foundation, this is the best I've found for pressed powder. It covers well and feels light on your skin, which is super important for me. I don't like to feel like I'm wearing makeup! This is a little more than I like to spend (around $28 if I remember right) but I usually splurge on it around birthday time. I use my Kabuki brush for a more sheer coverage, or you can use the sponge for maximum coverage. http://www.merlenorman.com/

2) e.l.f. (eyeslipsface.com) - Good makeup for $1?? Believe it people. I had this site recommended to me by a couple friends and of course, had to see what the fuss was about. My first order totalled about $45 - which buys you a whole lot of $1 makeup! I tried just about every lip gloss, some eyeshadow, eyeliner, brushes... the works. My faves were the Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15. Lots of colors to choose from. I wasn't crazy about the other hypershine gloss... had a weird taste to it. Their brushes are also great! I recently ordered their mineral makeup ($5 per container... 50% off right now)... still not quite as wonderful as the super spendy stuff, but still great coverage. And seriously, can you beat it for 1/5 of the price? I also got some super cute makeup cases for 75% off. Sweeet! (Sign up for their email list... I get coupons all the time!) http://www.eyeslipsface.com/

3) Bath and Body Works Holiday Beauty Queen Wave™ Moisturizing Gel Gloves - Okay, so this is actually the new kind, which I haven't tried yet - but last year's were fabulous! My skin gets ultra-dry during the winter months (not helped by my OCD handwashing mind you) and these little ditties made a huge difference. The kind I got were one time use, with two pairs per package, so I love that these new ones are reusable. They are infused with natural oils and vitamin E and can be worn for 20 minutes or all night. Save your pennies for this one... $25 for a pair. http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/
P.S. Anyone know a comprable product for cheaper?

4. Biolage Shielding Mist - Tames frizz and makes hair shimmer. Is also supposed to preserve color - but I've always used it for a finishing touch after styling. Oh, and did I mention it smells soo good? I've tried to find cheaper alternatives, but they're just not quite the same. $12.99 for a 4.2oz bottle. http://www.biolage.com/

I'd love to hear which products you swear by! Any good suggestions for skin care? I still haven't found anything I love!

No comments: