When planning out my weekly meal list, I usually try to throw in at least 1 or 2 cheap and easy meals. They're nothing fancy, but the family seems to love them all the same! And thanks to everyone who sent me their ideas... I've added them to the list!
Utilize Your Pantry
1.Chili-mac (one can of chili to one can of mac-n-cheese... we usually double up!)
2. Use lipton soup mixes: golden onion for chicken nuggets and regular for roasted potatoes. (Recipes on box)
3. Shrimp Scampi (buy shrimp scampi in freezer section and add angel hair pasta from the box)
4. Bisquick chicken fingers
5. Cook 1 pkg of Hillshire Farms smoked sausage and add to two prepared boxes Velveeta Shells and cheese (this makes a lot!)
6. Shake N Bake anything!
More Meal Ideas!
1. Tacos (ground beef, chicken) - we buy the taco seasoning in the can rather than individual packages... much cheaper!
2. Spaghetti (you can always add meatballs from the freezer section to jazz it up!)
3. Chicken Quesadillas
4. Po Tuna (Line 9x13 pan w/ Tator tots. In large bowl, mix 1 can cream of mushroom soup with 1 can of milk and 1 large can of tuna fish. Pour milk mixture over tator tots, sprinkle with seasoned salt, add frozen petite peas, then cover casserole w/cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes)
5. Easy pork chops - use canned mushroom soup and seasoned salt (that's all!) and cook in skillet.
6. Nachos - tortilla chips, beans, ground beef, cheese (and extras if you want!)
7. Bacon (real or bacon bits!) omlettes
8. Chicken salad sandwiches
9. Buy a big rottiserie chicken and use for muliple meals - serve as an entree on its own, next night -chicken tacos/quesidillas, if still some left, freeze and use for chicken noodle soup
1. Rhodes bread (in freezer section.) They are CHEAP and I promise you... everyone will ask you for the recipe! Tastes homemade!
2. Glazed baby carrots (1 lb carrots, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cube butter) - microwave carrots in bowl w/3 tablespoons butter (covered) for 5 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes, then cook 1 min. at a time until at desired tenderness. Add butter and microwave for an additional minute. Add brown sugar and stir. Cook two minutes, stir, and serve.
3. Baked zuchinni
4. Steamed broccoli w/ cheese
5. Mashed potatoes w/ country gravy.
6. Bag of caesar salad mix
7. Ramen noodle salad (someone give me this recipe!)